Here is how Merriam-Webster online defines the word:
“the quality or state of being versatile <a writer of great versatility>”
How very fitting that they chose an example referencing writing.
I have experienced such wonderful support on WordPress from the writers I follow and those that have graciously followed back. As I said to Olivia Wolfe, the writer who honored me with this latest award…it’s an honor to be chosen by another writer to receive these “mini” awards on WordPress. I’ve been on many writing websites over the last few years, and none of them do anything like this.
Thank you from the heart, Olivia.
The timing of discovery that Olivia had nominated me for the award was interesting. I had been drafting an article on my experience on Facebook, when I went to post the draft and finish it up here later. There was Olivia’s notification in my inbox. I don’t write articles. I write poetry & prose. Yet, here was versatility in motion before I even knew it was happening. Times like this make it fun to be a writer (go with it!).
I’ve always believed a writer needs to be versatile. To me it means to “color outside the lines” and challenge yourself once in awhile to go into uncharted territory or at the very least, offer your readers something beyond the norm.
Here is my list of writers that I believe achieve this, and therefore pass the Versatile Blogger Award on to them:
There a few things one must do when accepting this award:
* Display the Award Certificate on your website
* Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award
* Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
* Drop them a comment to let them know you have linked them in the post
* Post 7 interesting things about yourself
1) I am a former Paralegal & Office Manager for a small Chicago law firm; my experience includes Copyright & Trademark law, as well as civil litigation.
2) I’ve driven back and forth to So. & No. California six times – love road trips!). However, I have never been to the East Coast.
3) My Soulwork is with animals & wildlife. I’ve worked in two ER animal hospitals, and that is how/where my healing abilities came into vision. I am an Animal Reiki Practitioner & Communicator.
4) I have worked with reptiles & exotic birds, and of course dogs, cats, small mammals. My dream is to work with wildlife – big cats, wolves & marine mammals – and each of my totem guides. :)
5) An old beau once said, “You can take the girl out of the Midwest, but you can’t take the cheese away from the girl.” I love cheeses. Don’t move my cheese. Step away from the cheese.
6) My favorite books are: A Moveable Feast by Hemingway, AnimalSpeak by Ted Andrews and everything by Stephen King.
7) My cousin researched our genealogy for years and discovered Ralph Waldo Emerson is my 5th cousin 5x removed; Jane Austin 5th cousin 9x removed. Both on my father’s side of the family, which means Emerson & Austen were also distantly related. No pressure to write well at all in my family. ;)
Thank you everyone for joining me here on WordPress. It is very much appreciated!